Whitehough is recruiting for Freelance Outdoor Activity Instructors!
Location: Whitehough Activity Centre – Barley, Burnley
Day Rate: £130/day – We also have the opportunity for half day and evenings pro rata accordingly.
Come and Join Us!
Whitehough Activity Centre is seeking to develop our freelance team to deliver existing and future bookings at the centre. We are keen to hear from individuals who are self-starters, highly motivated and qualified to provide excellent activity experience for all participants.
Scope of Work
· To deliver a safe outdoor activity experience focusing on high level customer care.
· Instruct and supervise activity sessions that are fun and safe and in line with the centre’s normal operating procedures and risk assessments.
· Be responsible for all equipment required as part of your role and manage it appropriately.
· Liaise with all participants throughout the activity to ensure their expectations are being fulfilled and problems are resolved efficiently.
· Provide the participants with the basic skills and encouragement so they can fully participate in the activity session.
· To ensure that participants and visitors to the Centre are providing with excellent customer service.
· You should be proficient in understanding participant needs and learning objectives are met.
To follow the organisation’s policies, processes and procedures which include but not exhaustive: –
· Reporting procedures in terms of safe use and maintenance of equipment.
· Attend training to allow the Freelance duties to be undertaken efficiently and safely
· To understand and implement the Charity’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
· Promote the Burnley FC in the Community brand and ethos in a professional, strong, and positive manner.
· To be collaborative with other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required to promote best practice.
If you have the following essential requirements – please apply!
· Experience working on a range of outdoor programmes
· One or more National Governing Body Awards in a relevant discipline
· Current First Aid Certificate (minimum 16 hours of instruction)
· Professional Indemnity Insurance (minimum £1m)
· Enhanced DBS
· Driving licence – preferably with D1+E
· Desirable – High Ropes Instructor (SPA/RCI/ERCA)
How to apply
To express interest please contact email@example.com or if you require further information contact Sara Parsons on 01282 615688 or 07934 854899.