Operated by Burnley FC in the Community, the Burnley Community Kitchen is located at Unit 83 in the Upper Market Square of Charter Walk Shopping Centre (above New Look) in the heart of Burnley town centre.
Burnley FC in the Community has worked with the BurnleyTogether community hub to deliver the foodbank element of the facility during the coronavirus pandemic.
Since lockdown commenced on 23rd March, the foodbank has fed over 7,000 people, over 3,000 of these have been children.
In addition to food donations, if you would like to make a monetary donation to the foodbank you can make a regular donation to the facility here, or donate to the Justgiving campaign here.
If you would like to make a food donation, there are drop off points at the following locations:
- Tesco Express, Brunshaw Road, Burnley
- Asda, Princess Way, Burnley
- Lidl, Colne Road, Burnley
- Barclays Bank, Charter Walk, Burnley
- Marks & Spencer, St James’ Street, Burnley
- Spar, Brunshaw Road, Burnley
- Spar, Todmorden Road, Burnley
- Spar, Harlesyke, Burnley Road
- Spar, Barrowford
- Spar, Padinham Road
- Nationwide Building Society, St James Street, Burnley
- Spar, G&E Murgatroyd, Manchester Road, Nelson
- Spar, Leeds Road, Nelson
- Spar, Strand Garage, Skipton Road, Barnoldswick
- Spar, George Street, Whalley
- Aldi, Whalley Road, Clitheroe
Here is a list of essential food items…
- Long-life fruit juice or squash.
- Long-life or powdered milk.
- Tea and coffee.
- Tins of soup and cup-a-soups.
- Tinned meat and fish.
- Sauces, dried herbs and spices.
- Salt and pepper.
- Tinned vegetables and tomatoes.
- Rice, pasta, noodles and lentils.
- Tinned beans and spaghetti.
- Jars of jam and marmalade.
- Tinned fruit and desserts, custard and rice pudding.
- Biscuits and snacks.
- Tinned or dried pet food.
- Toiletries such as shampoo, soap, deodorant, sanitary products, toilet rolls, toothbrushes and toothpaste.
- Household items such as washing powder, washing-up liquid and kitchen roll.
- Baby wipes, nappies and dried formula milk.
- Plastic bags for food parcel distribution, egg cartons and jars.